We Succeed Because We Do Know How To Quit!
The purposes of the Janice Mitchell Isbell Academy (Isbell Academy) are:(1) Provide educational services for at-risk students.(2) Accelerate the knowledge, skill, and abilities of the students to at and/or above grade-level expectations.
The Isbell Academy is a non-profit, tax-exempt, private, institution of learning. Isbell Academy believes in training the whole student – intellectual, social, spiritual, and physical. Isbell Academy admits students of any race, color, nationality, religion, and ethnic origin. Isbell Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, or physical disability in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school sponsored programs. The JMIA is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax
1. Contribute to the knowledge and understanding needed to succeed around the world.
2. Promote an understanding of self and others.
3. Foster competencies in Mathematics, Science, English, Social Studies/History, Writing, Speaking, and Appreciation of the Arts, Analytical Reasoning, Computer Literacy, and Library Research.
4. Convey the different methods of acquiring knowledge.
5. Enable students to realize success through: a. Effective use of there learning styles, and b. Adapting to the teacher’s style of presentation.
6. Instill in students the values needed to make moral and ethical decisions.
7. Assist in developing the competencies and determination needed to pursue their vocations/careers.
8. Promote the integration of academic knowledge and values to nurture the whole student – intellectual, social, spiritual, and physical.
9. Cultivate an awareness of and a sensitivity to the needs of others and a commitment to the betterment of humanity.
10. Promote diversity.
11. Encourage a commitment to Personal Integrity and Social Responsibility.
To reach, remediate, and mentor every student enrolled at the Isbell Academy. Each student will be given individualized instruction and will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are paramount to
As a principle centered and premier institution of leaning, the Isbell Academy believes that early identification and intervention of at-risk children are critical to thriving in today’s society. By creating an environment that’s conducive to individualized learning, the Academy envisions that this program will increase the student’s confidence and desire to learn, thus having an overall positive effect on student morale and well being. Developing and training student leaders who will confidently meet the challenges of tomorrow are the goals of the Isbell Academy.
1. “ALL” students can learn.
2. Practice, Practice, Practice is the key to Academic success.
3. Building on strengths is the first step to learning.
4. Help students to realize success. Success builds on Success.
5. Teach students to take responsibility for their education, regardless of the prevailing circumstances.
6. Unity of purpose – Students/Parents/School/Community.
7. Learning extends beyond the classroom.
8. High expectations, encouragement, and support help students succeed in challenging areas.
9. Teaching is adapted to the needs of the student.
10. Equip ALL students with the skills necessary to compete.
Upon the dissolution of this organization, assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose.
Required by law.